Calling all gear heads! The Steering Committee has an open role for Equipment Coordinator. Send inquiries or questions to the Rapids Chair.
Every youth sports organization is governed by a group of individuals with set roles and responsibilities. Ours is called the Steering Committee. Having committed volunteers serving and sharing in the responsibilities makes a big difference in the success of our youth hockey club.
Steering Committee Open Role Announcement
Position: Equipment Coordinator
Term: 2 Years (all Steering Committee roles are 2 year terms)
Steering Committee Voting Privileges: Yes
- Oversees the annual uniform ordering processes.
- Maintain the equipment inventory. Responsible for all equipment purchases made by BRYH.
- Receives and reviews bids for equipment and apparel from suppliers and local stores
- Maintains relationships with vendors for equipment and some apparel purchases.
- Maintains and orders BRYH equipment for the rink (i.e., tires, cones, etc)
- Participates in the budget planning process
- Provides expected expenses based on projected team numbers and other specials needs of the annual season program
- Prepares expense reports for the Treasurer at the end of each season or as requested
- Maintains storage facilities and equipment stored at each location
- Oversees quick-change goalie equipment
Committee Membership and Meetings
- Monthly Board Meetings – 1st Monday of each month, required
- Chair of the Apparel/Jersey Selection Committee